Texans have been dealing with the Stay-at-Home order now for around a month. Working at home and conducting classes online or homeschooling may be manageable for some, but it still presents problems for many of us. Staying sane has been the toughest task over time. Since there’s no way to know how long this situation will remain, here are some helpful ideas and resources for San Antonio residents to not only survive but thrive during the quarantine.
Connecting with Work, Family, and Friends
There are many digital platforms to use for staying connected with work and visitation purposes. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Skype – Among the first pioneering platforms in video chat, most people are familiar with it. Skype can be used with desktop, laptop, tablets, and smartphones for professional and recreational purposes.
- Zoom – Used frequently for multiple video chat users, Zoom is useful for business meetings, church and other social groups and family chats. The free version allows 40-minute virtual meetings for multiple participants up to 150 and unlimited for 1 to 3 people.
- Facebook Messenger and What’s App – Both are apps are owned by Facebook, and both can be accessed by Android, Apple and PC devices. The clarity of Facebook Messenger may falter at times but is accessible to all 1.9 billion Facebook users. What’s App is less common but more stable and rising in popularity.
Enjoy San Antonio During the Quarantine
Parents and kids get bored easily when cooped up at home together. We live in a vibrant and beautiful city and there are ways to continue to enjoy it during social distancing orders:
- Get outdoors – Practicing social distancing doesn’t mean you can’t be outside in Texas. Staying six feet or more away from others is easy on the many open trails and hiking areas still open around San Antonio. If you’ve been exposed to the COVID-19 virus or have underlying conditions that put you at greater risk, please stay home. For those of you who can get out, check out the open trails here.
- Explore virtually – For those times you cannot get out, there are still wonderful places to explore online in your community. Here are just a few ideas:
Get Help and Be a Help to Your San Antonio Community
San Antonio is not only beautiful on the outside, but also in the heart of her people. Here are ways you can help others who are hurting during this time. Take note of these resources if you or your loved ones need help, as well:
- Weston Centre Blessing Bags Donation Drive
- Support San Antonio Hospitality Industry
- San Antonio Food Bank
- Help your community
- San Antonio Hope Center
- Animal Defense League
One way to stay encouraged and hopeful is to stay informed:
The management here at Weston Centre understands that you want to get back to work, take care of your families and enjoy your beautiful community again. During this crisis, we’ve taken safety measures for essential businesses that are still functioning in our facility. We’re also here for you with online resources until we can all be back together again. In the meantime, stay safe and stay encouraged!