Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs the following duties (when applicable):
• Understand and have basic proficiency with the operation, maintenance and repair of all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves and lines used in the distribution of hot and chilled water.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of all air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
• Operation, maintenance, and repair of water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
• Operation, maintenance and repair of sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, toilets, urinals and piping.
• Maintenance and repair of kitchen equipment.
• Maintain proper operation during seasonal changes and recalibrate controls based upon weather conditions to assure energy efficient operations.
• Maintain all equipment as required per preventive maintenance programs.
• Life safety and security systems – equipment maintenance applicable in engineers’ scope will be included.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability.
Education and/or Experience
• Two to Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Individual must be a high school graduate. Background Checks performed, on both State and Federal Levels, including felony convictions. Computer experience helpful Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Abilities to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical procedures. The employee should also be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from tenants.
• Abilities to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• State Driver’s License is required. City of San Antonio Maintenance Technician License
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend some time outside in all weather conditions. The employee is regularly required to walk, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with their hands and arms. The employee must be able to climb ladders.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.