‘Tis the season for giving, which is why we’re so pleased to partner with Centro San Antonio to host a Winter Wear Clothing Drive this year.
Winter Wear Clothing Drive 2020
From November 9 to December 14, 2020, we’ll be collecting winter coats and other gently used clothing items at the Donation Station located in Weston Centre’s Main Lobby next to the Courtesy Desk.
We’re doing this with a big goal in mind: To collect over 250 winter jackets for local San Antonio families this holiday season.
Are you interested in getting involved? Today, we’re kindly seeking donations in all Youth & Adult sizes:
- Girl & Boy Youth Jackets: All Sizes
- Women & Men Adult Jackets: All Sizes
- Girls & Boys Hats, Gloves, and Scarfs
- Women & Men Hats, Gloves, and Scarfs
To make the donation process even easier for you, we have created an Amazon Wishlist of the winter clothing items that are needed the most.
Donations and purchases through Amazon will be mailed directly to our building. If you’d like to donate this way, please visit this link to see the list: westoncentre.com/amazon-wish-list
How does a clothing drive help?
Each winter, far too many people, including children and seniors, brave the elements without proper winter clothing.
This year, proper winter clothing is more important than ever! Many families are struggling to make ends meet during the pandemic, and that can include paying their utility bills.
They may be sleeping in cold homes without adequate heating, and winter coats can make an incredible difference in their comfort, health, and safety.
Other populations, including veterans and seniors are also dealing with added financial strain. These groups may be especially vulnerable to specific health conditions, many of which they’re at greater risk for when they’re exposed to the cold.
Other ways to give back
Besides taking part in our Winter Wear Clothing drive, there are other great ways to give back in San Antonio this season.
Here are a few ideas:
- Make a donation to a charity or cause that’s important to you. Here’s a list of non-profits and charities in San Antonio if you’re looking for an idea!
- Donate supplies to nearby shelters. Many shelters report regularly running low on supplies like toilet paper, deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrushes. Stocking up on these items and donating them is a wonderful way to make a difference!
- Give blood if you’re able to. Click here to learn about the Blood Bank at University Health System or schedule an appointment to donate blood in San Antonio.
- Donate your skills: If you aren’t able to donate money or items, what about putting your skills to use for others? Many nonprofits and charities are always on the lookout for photographers, writers, social media managers, and many other positions.
We’re feeling more inspired than ever to give back this year, and we hope this giving spirit is contagious! To learn more about our Winter Wear Clothing drive, click here.
If you’d like to learn more about what’s going on at Weston Centre, visit this link.